Monday, June 27, 2005

If it's all the same to you, I'll drive that tanker.

Montgomery here, reporting live from Phoenix, aka The Devil's Armpitâ„¢. My drive was safe and successful, and it even included a stop at everybody's favorite home of modular Swedish furniture, Ikea. I figured I should stop by during their big sale, just to check it out. I didn't buy anything, but a few items sparked my interest.

Anyway, during my Tucson to Phoenix transit I started thinking about how happy I am. Things are so good right now, I'm borderline ecstatic. I know saying something like that in a movie would get me hit by a train or attacked by pirates, but I just need to lay it out there. Off the top of my head, reasons I'm happy:
  • My beautiful, brilliant, terrific girlfriend
  • My wonderful family
  • Medical school, beginning July 19
  • My New York trip, starting tomorrow
  • Zombie movies
  • The gold I stole from those pirates, who will never find me...
I started wondering why I'm so happy and grateful at the moment, then it hit me. We are around the time of Thanksgiving in June! The summer holiday often overshadowed by Christmas in July. So, this time of giving thanks has me thankful for quite a bit. Which will make my eventual fall from grace all that much more painful...

By the way, I apologize to anybody who got their house egged by me during my celebration of Halloween in May. Unless you forgot Colan's Birthday in March...jerks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home