Wednesday, September 07, 2005

San Diego Photo #1a: Nobody Rides for Free

Unless you are Amish, you've probably seen the rising gas prices. My buddy D-Rock went into a movie with the price at $2.69/gallon and left the movie with the price at $2.79/gallon. Obviously this was a while ago. At that rate, it should be about $12/gallon by the end of the week. So heads up.

Anyway, this price inflation has two consequences. First, the media blowing things out of proportion right now. I keep hearing that people aren't driving, so they won't be buying clothes, electronics or food. Right. I hate you TV news. People are driving the same amount, but they are bitching more. The second consequence is the media blowing things out of proportion in the future. I'm sure analysts will be referring to the "Great Oil Crisis of '05" for years to come. See for example the oil crisis of '73.

To keep up with this highly important historical event, I decided to document the oil prices during my San Diego road trip last weekend. That's right, road trip. I didn't stay home because of these horrible prices. Take that TV news analysts! So, without further ado, here are the results:

Tucson, Price Club - $2.78


Tucson, Circle K - $3.09


El Centro (Spanish for "The Centro") - $3.19


El Centro, Circle K - $3.39


San Diego (German for "a Whale's Vagina") - $3.09


Yuma - $2.99



Using this scientific investigation, I've discovered a pattern. The closer you get to the eastern edge of El Centro, the more expensive gas gets. So, at the exact eastern border of El Centro, the price should be infinite dollars. And as you get farther, the price should drop. So, go to New York for free gas. Limited sample sizes are awesome!

And I still don't understand the 9/10 of a cent on every gallon. Can somebody explain it to me?

Hold on, why would an amish person be reading my blog??

This post should be subtitled, "Fun with Patterns."

UPDATE - My legal counsel says, "you should have made a statement about circle k being pricey jag-offs"

1 Comments:

Blogger Montgomery said...

One gallon is about 3.75 liters. So you've got pretty terrible prices. But hasn't Europe always had higher gas prices?

How did you stumble across my sad little blog?

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home