Friday, September 15, 2006

Excuses

I apologize for the lack of updates lately. I've got midterms coming up, so I've been hitting the books. Literally, striking them with my fists in frustration.

On top of my academic pugilism, there has been an even more important event. One which takes more of my time and attention than studying. That event? The release of World War Z by Max Brooks. It's an oral history of the zombie war. I've been waiting for this book my entire life. It's the second greatest thing ever written*.

On a semi-related note, the lecture I'm in right now is about Forensic Pathology. I'm tempted to ask if the doctor (who looks like the tall, bald alien with the diamonds in Men in Black) if he's ever had a corpse re-animate in his exam room. And if so, was he able to remove the head or destroy the brain. If not, was he bitten. If yes, was he able to sever the bitten limb before the virus entered his circulation. If no, how long has it been since the bite. If greater than 24 hours, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to kill you; it's for the best. Obviously I'll ask all of those at once, and if he says no to the first one I'll look like a bit of an ass.

As you can see, I've got zombies on the brain. Not literally, of course. At least I hope not...keep an eye on me, I don't want to become one of them. Who am I kidding - I totally do. So I barely have time to study, let alone blog. But I'll do my best.



*The greatest thing ever written is of course Ulysses by James Joyce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home