Friday, August 29, 2008

Wackadoodle

Well that was fun...not! Hehe, never gets old.

I'm officially done with the USMLE Step 2 CK, or as I like to call it - Step Up 2: The Streets. It was brutal. The questions weren't so bad, but it is miserable to sit in front of a computer, reading paragraph-long questions and answering them for 7.5 straight hours. It combines my two least favorite activities: reading and thinking.

For those of you who have never has to indulge such standardized torture, be thankful. The best analogy I can come up with is this: imagine sitting at a computer for 7+ hours answering questions. Okay, so I'm not very good at analogies. On the plus side, I got some first hand learning about pressure ulcers. Who wants to change the dressing?

I was able to focus for most of the exam, but I started getting pretty flighty towards the end. Instead of actually reading the questions in the last blocks, I would just stare at the pretty arrangement of letters and make up my own questions. I'm worried about one question, though. It asked who Ziggy Stardust's bandmates were. "Weird & Gilly" were not options, so I went with "Spiders from Mars." I hope that's right.

If you're wondering what CK stands for, it's "Calvin Klein" because he wrote the test. The next big test is the Step 2 CS, which stands for "Counter Strike" because soon we shall have our revengeance!

And for any medical students reading this who haven't taken the CK yet, let me just say this: suckers! Have fun with that, jerkbags!

News Update
In case you hadn't heard, John McCain picked Tina Fey's older sister as his running mate. Bold move...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home