Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You've come a long way, baby

"Hey Montgomery, what were you doing today around lunchtime?"

Well since you asked, I'll tell ya. I was in the emergency department holding up a very friendly gentleman's right buttock whilst the colorectal surgeon drained his peri-rectal abscess. Breath deep friends, this is the good life. And best of all - I was paying to be there.

Medicine is a glamorous job. And it's moments like that which make me glad I didn't go with, oh I don't know, rock star or athletic sports athlete or professional gigolo. Although as gigolo I'd probably still see my share of man ass.

I couldn't help but think as pus floweth from yon abscess that pus, besides being disgusting, is actually a nice color. It's a very soothing creamy-beige color which wouldn't be a terrible color for a wall or pair of pants or mid-size family sedan. While we're at it, let's get Home Depot to color to color-match perioral cyanosis, scleral icterus, and placenta. I'm the best interior designer ever!

I had Boston Market for lunch.

All kidding aside, I love where my life has gone. Medicine is fun; family medicine most of all.

9/0/1

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last I heard, you had abandoned your self-appointed position in the League of Honorable Beards.

http://www.biggerbetterbeards.org/

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam had that! I had to take care of it. They had to go back TWICE to cut it deep enough. It was gross. Happy lunch!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home