Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

I know I haven't written in a while, but check out all the cool stuff that's been going on in my life:

A new car!
Given that I still don't technically have a paying job (or any job for that matter) and 6 figures worth of student loan debt AND the mob has been threatening to break my knees after I posthumously bet against Whirlaway in the 1941 Kentucky Derby, I decided it would be fiscally responsible to buy a new car.

That's right, you're reading the incoherent rambling of the proud new owner of a 2008 Yellow Smart Fortwo. Once you stop laughing, read on.

Most of you reading this know me, so I doubt that you're surprised I bought the second weirdest car on the market (behind the Ford Taurus). Here are the answers to the most common questions I get while driving it: 44 mpg, 90 mph, gasoline, and 8 inches.

I call it the Bumblebee for 3 reasons: 1) it looks like one, 2) Transformers = awesome, 3) to mock people with allergies. That's the same reason I call Becca's car Peanut and our house Shellfish. Speaking of our house...

New Digs
Legal Counsel and I have migrated to a new domicile. Bah da ba ba ba, we're lovin' it.

Pros: gates around condo complex will keep both zombies and looters at bay; panic room
Cons: multiple doors, windows and sliding glass door easily broken by zombie horde

Don't worry, I'm already stockpiling firearms and non-perishable foods. So little time.

One Year Anniversary
That's right, it has been one year since Larkitect tied our knot. That came out wrong. Not the knot of Larkitect and I...yet. No, I'm referring to the Montgomery + Legal Counsel knot. One year of marital bliss. We celebrated by returning to our wedding site: the wonderful and mostly zombie free Walt Disney World.

Surprise highlight of the trip: cancelled return flight during our Memphis layover meant one extra day of vacation and an unplanned trip to Graceland. That's right, we visited the King's Castle, and it was everything I hoped for and more. It looked like the late-60s/early-70s exploded in there. I highly recommend visiting if you're ever stranded in Memphis. Otherwise...meh.

The End of Interview Season
All of my residency interviews have finished! The heat is off. Selling yourself to residency programs is not a fun process. 20-30 minute interviews do not give you enough time to really express who you are. Fortunately it's the perfect amount of time to point out awful neckties, criticize haircuts, and tell people how things are going to change once I've got the power. They'll see. They'll all see!

Anyway, it's time for me to get to work on my page for the med school senior yearbook. How can I simultaneously tell the world how hard I rock and warn them about zombies? Hmm... At the very least, I need to tell the world to keep on truckin'.

That's all for now. Keep on truckin', readers.

2 Comments:

Blogger medstudent101 said...

whohoo!! i am so pleased to hear you're working on the yearbook page!!!

and i love the new car---congrats!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very sad you didn't get that car when we were living at the Siriga House. You could have parked it in the water heater closet. Congrats!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home