Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Textual Assault

My apologies for the lack of posts. I just moved into my new place and things have been hectic. And by "I just moved" I mean "Legal Counsel mostly moved me." Stuff still needs to be unpacked (housewares, clothes), built (Ikea...yay!), arranged (kitchen, study) and hanged (paintings, cattle rustlers). Busy busy. So I'll fart out a quick post for now.

I hooked up my PC after a 6 month all Apple lifestyle. I heart fruity computers, by the way. I started it up, updated my anti-virus software (band-aid on a compound fracture for Windows) and started playing on the internets. Of course. Within a few minutes, Zone Alarm produced the following message:

What the heck? Nothing gives you that right, ViewMgr. Friggin' PC. I haven't seen it in half a year and it thinks it can just go straight for the trusted zone. Where's the romance?

Maybe that's why I left my PC - I was abused. I must've blocked the memories. Mac is your cool older cousin who takes you to concerts and shows you how to unhook a bra one-handed. Windows is your creepy uncle who tried to take off your bra with his one good hand. You know the one.

Desktop computer - I'm watching you.


Parting note: our new townhouse is an Ice Palace. The old swamp cooler got it down to 59°F yesterday morning. And the fridge froze my Brita pitcher solid. WTF, mate?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'll be! A brute and his lady friend cohabitating in a common abode! I shake my fist at thee! And when I shake my fist at thee, bad stuff happens.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Montgomery said...

Yes, Legal Counsel and I are living together. Joint tenants? Tenants in common? I always get those confused.

And yes we're living in sin. But we're also adorable, so it balances out

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home