Thursday, May 11, 2006

Study Brake

About 93 minutes ago I was driving home from the med library, minding my own bidniss. I turned south onto Alvernon from Grant, whistling a happy tune. Just another day in the life of Montgomery. Really, there was no way I could have prepared for what happened next.

Suddenly a guy, who looked way too much like Ron Jeremy to not be him, rolled into the street at an appreciable speed sitting in a bright yellow wheelchair. A good 200 yards ahead of me, he rolled through the right-most lane (my lane) and slightly into the next lane before stopping himself. Then he used both feet to awkwardly push himself backwards into the bike lane, at which point he proceeded to kick backwards whilst facing oncoming traffic. Luckily he cleared the car lanes before I was forced to swerve to avoid his well-endowed personage. He looked kind of happy.

It was surreal.

Then I came home and read the following in my notes:
avoid sources of saturated fat, such as meat from any animal with four legs
Well it took me about 45 minutes to find a cow with a missing a leg, but I did it. I strangled it with my bare hands (not my bear hands...this time), butchered it, baked it and ate it. It was delicious and nutritious. Health foods can be tasty!



My apologies for the slow updates. I've discovered that distancing myself from the internets increases my affinity for studying ~1000-fold. Much like the effect α-lactalbumin has on the affinity of galactosyl transferase for glucose. See! I never would have known that if I had the internets around. If I fail out of class, I'm suing Al Gore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home