Saturday, June 10, 2006

CO-Counsel, part bet

Here are some other highlights:



I totally got stopped by airport security before the flight out. Racial profiling, I swear. I got frisked. But the big guy cuddled with me afterward and made me feel special. He still hasn't called, though. Bastard.



I really don't know who this kid is. But he got in the way of a picture and he really freaks me out. Jibbly...



Yep. Lots of alcohol.




Legal Counsel stuck her hand in a chocolate fountain. She's...she's special.



Legal Counsel's aunt's ranch. We stayed there for the last two days. It was an amazing 460 acres (186.16 hectares) of fresh air and green stuff. They were so nice to us, it was great.




I got to ride a horse and pretend to be a cowboy! I really low-quality cowboy who was at the total mercy of the horse. I'm not sure if horses can smell fear, but this one could smell inexperience. Whenever I'd try to get him going fast, I could practically hear him neighing, "Yeah, right. I'm keeping it at pony ride speed." And whenever I did convince him to trot it up a notch, it made my ass hurt. Unlike D-Rock's mom, I'm not accustomed to receiving a pounding on my back end like that.

Lack of riding skill aside, it was a lot of fun. The horse did all the work! Big dumb animals. We toured the property and saw some cows. Cows! And an awesome view of Denver:



I wish I knew how to quit you.†



The lovely Legal Counsel modeling the Chuck It, the greatest thing ever invented by humans (NES was invented by aliens, so it doesn't count). Basically it's just a plastic stick, which you should all know is more than enough to entertain me for hours. And entertain for hours it did. It lets you throw tennis balls for dogs without having to touch the slobber, and much farther than you'd normally be able. I spent much time throwing into a) the lake to watch them swim after it (and as creature bait), and b) into a field to try to clear the landmines.





The Denver Airport has a problem with bringing the following items onto airplanes: chainsaws, lighter fluid, rifle powder, blow torches, mid-19th century lamps, knives, brass knuckles and hand grenades. Really? Cause I was totally planning to bring my complete anti-zombie arsenal onto the plane. Thanks for letting me know.

Oh, and the whole time we were there, her family kept referring to me as Legal Counsel's fiance. It was a little weird. They also kept referring to me as "your highness" and asking how it felt to discover the cure for "everything." What has she been telling them?

†not really

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home