Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

2 million years ago or something, some dumb pilgrims and some unsuspecting Native Americans (who the dumb pilgrims thought were Indians) had some dinner. Then the pilgrims used technology and biological warfare to kill the Native Americans. Now, 2 million years later, we celebrate this history of abusing gracious hosts by visiting a relative's house and trashing the place after cramming our maws with a stupid bird. The end.

Transcript of Montgomery's 4th grade Thanksgiving presentation

Turkey Day is a day for taking time to appreciate what you've got. A day of "giving thanks," if you will, for the blessings† you have received in life. So here's a list of things that I'm thankful for:
  • I've got a great family, even if they do criticize me for not calling enough every time I call.
  • Lots of good friends: Scoobies, Med Folk,*and of course Larkitect.**
  • Fellow med students who, for the most part, aren't arrogant doctor stereotype assholes. There are exceptions, of course. But most of the non-exceptions are more than willing to mock the exceptions with me.
  • I'm still loving medical school and extremely glad to have made the decision to become a physician. This is especially true at the pediatric clinic, which is wicked fun and full of awesome people. I even enjoy studying...bizarre.
  • My upcoming Europe trip.
  • My future road trip with Larkitect.
  • This blog, which is a fun creative outlet.
  • The readers of this blog. I don't know how you guys stand to read this tripe, but thanks! Mmm...tripe...
  • The rebirth of my childhood. Is "cheesy CGI form" a step up the reincarnation chain from 2D?
  • Zombie movies.
  • Disneyland.
  • And most of all, Legal Counsel (This is the mushy part, so don't read it to Fred Savage). She's absolutely amazing in every way. She's beautiful, brilliant, funny, sweet, and great at everything she does. She makes me more happy than I've ever been. I honestly don't remember ever being this happy. Annoyingly happy. The kind of happiness you get mad at people for having. The level of happiness which causes random things to just make me glad to be alive (good movies, new music, drugs). I'm not sure I ever believed in true love (or even "to blave") until I met her. But I definitely do now. I love you, beautiful!
  • Sandwiches.

That's all for now. I might add more later, since I've got so many things I'm thankful for. Happy time!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!


†in the totally non-religious sense
*Bees is my best friend. I promised to say that in exchange for a slice of pizza.
**But my best friend is really this guy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home