Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wirology† lesson of the day

In the lecture on papillomoviruses it states that human papillomovirus type 7 is the cause of "common warts of meat handlers." Naturally I assumed that must be what D-Rock's mom has, since I see her on Miracle Mile handling meat all the time.

But the notes go on to talk about the other types being responsible for sexually transmitted disease. So she must have some above the waist from the meat handling and some down below from all the sex. And this makes me wonder - can one woman have every genotype of HPV? Somebody should call the CDC and the World Health Organization...probably a HAZMAT team, too.

Speaking of the World Health Organization, here's a sample of my own personal notes in the smallpox section:
eradication: WHO kicked ass, took names -> last case in 1977
This blog and my notes are the only creative outputs I have to keep me from getting the "Study Crazies."



† not a typo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home