Wednesday, November 08, 2006

He's Creepy and He's Kooky

We've got a new professor in pathology, and I'm already amused on two levels. Here's his picture:

I think we can all agree that he's the Indian Uncle Fester:

The other reason I'm amused is his name. His first name is "Achyut." On a basic level, it's funny because it reminds me of sneezing and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. But it's even more funny with my limited exposure to Indian profanity by Areenos. Does his name mean what I think it means? Areenos, will you confirm or deny my beliefs with a comment?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Colan!
thanks for the shoutout. Now here's my deep insight:
Achyut, is another name to refer to Lord Krishna in Indian mythology. While i have encountered a few of my parents friends named Achyut, i think as the 'C' word gained prominence, fewer parents have named their kids Achyut. (i mean, really can you imagine going through highschool if your name sounded like Cun Suker?)
Alright, thats my two bits :)

Areenos

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home