Sunday, December 03, 2006

Support your local blogger

I know I haven't been blogging much lately, but I promise that'll change if anybody buys me the First Official Item on The Montgomery Non-Denominational Winter Celebration Gift List: The Scallywag Sloop Pirate Themed Club House! Here it is, in all its majesty:

For the low low price of $18,499.99 my pirate dreams will come true with all the following features:
  • Oversize 5' x 6' custom "Pirate" themed Club House
  • 8' x 6' Galleon Style Pirate Bow
  • Oversize Log
  • Right Side Swing
  • Fireman's Pole
  • Cedar Log Bow Support Beam (bow support cannon is optional)
  • Ship's Wheel
  • Ship's Mast w/Crow's Nest on Roof (not accessible)
  • Dimensions: 18’ W x 10’ D x 20’ H

Of course, I've already got an oversize log but I suppose a backup wouldn't hurt. Well, it won't hurt me at least. And the fireman's pole seems a little out of place...unless they're pirate firemen (two of my fantasies rolled up into one delicious package). But I love fireman poles (you can quote me out of context on that) so bring it on.

Now all I need is a rebar-enforced concrete slab as a base, a crane or forkilft to build it and, I suppose, a house with a backyard to put it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it says it'll take 6-8 weeks for delivery. when is your official day for winter celebration?? it sounds like its cutting it close......

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I already got you a $18,499.99 black satin teddy! I guess I'll have to get you a $5999.99 black satin eye patch so you can still play pirate ;)

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most awesome thing I've ever seen... just what we need for the new house. We're moving Monty! Want to come see the new house?

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that on Costco.com too! I think it is a little pricey, especially for a wholesale store. It is sad that this pirate ship costs more than half the trailer homes in Alabama!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an avid reader of your blog I simply must say that this is not the Pirate Ship Playhouse for you. Have you been to Scottsdale Fashion Square or Kierland Commons? They have a store called Architecture Kids and at the Scottsdale location with a pirate ship playhouse for $52,000 and this is a much better pirate ship. Much more deserving for you, you fabulous blogger you. Cynthia Nixon love

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home