Monday, January 08, 2007

Your dreams were your ticket out

School's back in session and that means it's time for me to start ignoring school by writing on this monster. It worked out pretty well last semester, so I'll keep it up. But before I go back to talking about Snorks, zombies and the idosyncracies of the elderly, I'll give you a summary of my winter break. I'll keep it brief, since I've learned that people don't care about vacations they weren't on. But I feel like writing about it.

Montgomery and Legal Counsel's World Tour '06

Travel
Number of planes taken: 7
Number of snakes on said planes: 0 (sadly)
Number of trains taken: 2
Number of snakes on said trains: 0 (thankfully)
Number of times one gentleman threw another gentleman off the train, then turned to me and said "No ticket": 1
Number of bags taken: 3
Number of bags lost by British Airways: 3
Number of bags returned during the trip: 1
Number of bags returned back at home: 1
Number of bags still missing: 1

Rome - 2 nights
Highlight: tie between the Roman forums and the Vatican
Lowlight: spending way too much time (read: any amount of time) shopping for toiletries, clothing, etc
The rest: coliseum, Capitol Hill, Bocca della Verita, Quirinale, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, juiceboxes full of wine, gelato, 1 brazillion churches, ∞ things dedicated to popes

Paris - 3 nights
Highlight: the Louvre (absolutely amazing)
Lowlight: the French
The rest: Notre Dame 2 blocks from our hotel, Eiffel Tower and my fear of heights, Arc de Triumph, delicious cheese and wine, Place de la Bastille, Moulin Rouge/Chat Noir, Sexodrome, Sacre Coeur

London - 3 nights
Highlight: the food*
Lowlight: everything was closed because we were there on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
The rest: palaces, pubs, Piccadilly, The Monument, Tower of London, christmas crackers, Harrods, Hamley's, double decker buses, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, London Eye and my fear of heights

New York - 2 nights
Highlight: Evil Dead the Musical**
Lowlight: way too many people
The rest: Rockafeller X-Mas Tree, Central Park, subways (eat fresh), Times Square and seeing where the ball would drop after we left, FAO Schwartz

Misc
International flights on BA give you free alcohol. Score!
Europeans hate it when you walk around in an American Flag/"God Bless America" shirt.
They also hate it when you ask for free stuff because "without us, you'd all be speaking German."
When in France, don't ask for Freedom Toast or Freedom Fries. They don't appreciate it.
In fact, if you just ask for toast and it'll come out dipped in eggs and fried.
My brother won an XBox 360 on the radio and gave it to me for Christmas since he already had one. Then my mom gave me Dead Rising. I'm in heaven. My family is awesome.
Sites I modified to be cat related in my own head: Sacre Fur and Westminster Tabby
Number of x-mas gifts directly related to zombies: 2
Number of x-mas gifts indirectly related to zombies: all of them



The trip was amazing and totally worth going bankrupt for. But now it's time to buckle down and get back to the important things in life. Blogging and killing Zombies.


*Everybody thinks I'm crazy for saying this, but I love English food. Yorkshire pudding, drool...
**seriously. Greatest work of art in our generation

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Monty and LC! I (and several of my co-workers who are now avid readers as well) missed your blogging terribly and waited with baited breath for your return--hurray!

I've never been thrown from a train for no ticket, but once from a dirigible (some guy with a weird hat carrying a whip! go figure).

Welcome home! Now get blogging! :-)

PS: We move in 3 weeks, will you and LC come visit our new place?

9:22 AM  
Blogger Zac said...

DEAD RISING! DEAD RISING! I WANNA PLAY!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Cynthia Nixon has your bag. Serves you right HATER!!!!!!!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home