Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Random thoughts while studying

If you're a vegetarian for moral reasons (i.e. "it's wrong to eat animals") and you're craving fish, can you murder a shark and go eat a tuna sandwich? It'll more than balance out, really. You kill the shark and eat one fish, that's two animal deaths. That shark would've eaten hundreds of fish in its lifetime, so really you just saved hundreds of fish. Net gain of ~199 fish over doing nothing. Plus, you can eat the shark. They're delicious. Go to Anthony's in San Diego, you'll see.

Why do Sun Dried Tomatoes still exist?

Lots of students in my class went into medicine for money and prestige. They'll never admit it, but it's true. They often give me funny looks when I say that I'm considering pediatrics or internal medicine as a specialty, since the pay isn't as high (they still pay really well, in my opinion). I've even been asked how much money I want to make. I've come up with an answer to that: I want to make enough money that I don't need to use the "Sort by price" option on Travelocity type websites. Now that's wealth. If I'm really well off, I might even use it in the reverse direction. Ooohhh.....

Why does the coffee Exchange on Tanque Verde have so many flies? It's like Discount Fly Warehouse over there.

I saw a bumper sticker on my way to Bentley's which read, "All students are honored students at Tucson's Waldorf School." If you're a parent and your kid brings that home, how do you react? "Congratulations...?" I think that if everybody is honored, nobody is. As I was typing that, I got worried that it was a school for special children and that I was being offensive and insensitive. So I looked it up to be safe, and it looks like a school for special parents. It's the kind of place that would give you a crocodile in Spelling.

On a similar note, I don't think I'd ever put the "honor student" sticker on my car if I had a kid - my mom never did it (I think it's just because my family is anti-bumper sticker). Doesn't it just teach your kid to be boastful? In fact, I'll do the opposite: if they get bad grades, I'll custom print a sticker which reads, "My child is too stupid for words :(" and put it on my Civic hybrid.

Ugh boots and track suits
Sorority girls wear you
I do not know why

I also saw a sticker this morning which read, "If everybody in the world was blind, nobody would know who to hate." What?? Is this guy saying we should remove the eyes of every human on the planet? And I question the accuracy of his statement. I think we'd start discriminating based on accent. Especially in the case of North Dakota-ites...North Dakota-ins...North Dakotans. We'd blindly round them into camps so they could only initiate pleasant conversation with each other. But they'd be blind and think they were still in the suburbs...suckers.

I swear Bentley's mocha is just chocolate milk...

The one thing I've learned in med school is that I can't learn in med school. Give me the material and I can figure it out on my own, but sit me in class and I space out within ten minutes. I have to leave the med school to learn medicine. Kinda like that Shawshank quote, modified.

Cornbread - ain't nothin' wrong with that.


Maybe I'll add more thoughts as I continue studying...

4 Comments:

Blogger Montgomery said...

Haha, good thinking. Give them the constant threat of bringing shame onto the family. But with you and Adam in the mix, I think they have little chance of slipping into the 'stupid' category. Unless you feed them paint chips. Or I feed them paint chips. Muahaha...

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, as far as I'm considered, unless you make $400,000+, you're a failure as a doctor. Of course, that's just my $.02.

... $.02 that is less than 1/40000000th of my yearly income. Muahahahahahah

-Exam Buddy Zed

12:21 AM  
Blogger Montgomery said...

Well as far as I'm "considered," you enjoyed examining my body. And I'm pretty sure that wasn't a banana in your pants. Also, I don't think I needed to strip all the way...

Snoogans

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, optho-boy isn't really fond of you two in exam. He finds your antics childish and tiring. He told us so in interview class. Also, I'm sad that I have to tell you these stories via blog. Get your ass to class. You're not being a very faithful med school wife.

With Regards,
D-Rock Rockington Worchester Smythe

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home