Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Creature of the Night

I'm on a radiology rotation at the moment, and the radiologist I work with most often has a moderately thick accent. I've been trying to figure out where she's from - my guess was either Australia or France. Well today I learned that she's from Romania...and now I'm terrified.

"Why terrified?" you ask. Think about it: Vampires were created by Dracula; Dracula is from Transylvania; Transylvania is in Romania; ergo, all Romanians are vampires; double ergo, this radiologist is a vampire.

Still not convinced? Consider some facts.

1. A career in medicine would afford a vampire near-limitless access to fresh blood.

2. Radiology is the specialty best suited to the vampire lifestyle - they sit in a dark room all day. I've never even seen this doctor in the daylight! And there are no mirrors in the radiology reading room.

3. Nobody would think twice about a pale, gaunt radiologist. They'd be more suspicious about a tan, healthy looking radiologist.

4. She sub-specialized in pediatric radiology. Re-arrange the letters in "PEDIATRIC RADIOLOGIST" and what do you get? "I SIP TIDAL CAROTID GORE" She's not even trying to be subtle!

I know you may not believe me but if you were in my position you'd be scared, too. So from now on I'm bringing garlic, crosses, holy water and a gun loaded with silver bullets* to the hospital. Well, in larger quantities than usual.

* I'm pretty sure one of the x-ray technicians is a werewolf

2 Comments:

Blogger DFulcher said...

Thought you'd appreciate this: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/Road_signs_warn_of_zombies

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long did it take to rearrange those letters? I am rather impressed.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home