Sunday, November 20, 2005

A good cop can't sleep because he's missing a piece of the puzzle. And a bad cop can't sleep because his conscience won't let him.

Current Mood: Acetabular

I can't sleep. Hence the oh-so-clever movie reference in the title (why yes, that was sarcasm). I tried warm milk, but the cow almost kicked me in the head. I tried counting sheep, but I have an angular gyrus lesion. And that last sentence should tell you that I've tried studying as a method for rendering myself unconscious (phrasing it that way gives me several new ideas...). It's ironic that trying to learn during the day makes me sleepy, while trying to learn at night wakes me up.

My current method for expediting sleep is watching Scrubs, Season Two on DVD. My wonderful, perfect girlfriend (Legal Counsel) bought it for me as a gift. Jealous? Yeah, you should be. Jealous of the girlfriend, that is, not the DVD. Well, I guess you can be jealous that I have both. It's a little intimidating that she's so good at gift buying. It's probably my worst skill. Aside from knitting.

To let you know how much med school has nerded me up, I'll say I watch each epsiode with bated breath waiting for a word or phrase I recognize. One character mentioned "the nerve that ennervates the muscle which lets you keep your eyes open," and I immediately thought about it (well, them - there's more than one). And I keep noticing that the cardiac shadow is on the wrong side of the x-ray during the intro (it might be correct, but situs inversus is a rare condition). Yep, medicine has geekified me quite well. And I'm glad.

Back to the DVD. I think it might be working...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home