Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Blahg

I'm not feeling great, I'll be honest. My intestines feel like they're twisting themselves into a novelty rubber-band ball. It sucks. I was tossing and turning all night. So my creativity is not at its peak. As a result, today we get a blast from the past.

Back before my blogging days, I used to write stuff in my AIM profile. It forced me to be more succinct in my ranting, since it had a limited character count. And similar to my blogging, I'd get scolded for not updating regularly. One thing I used to do was take song lyrics and use an online translator (ie Babelfish) to translate into another language, then back again. I know, I'm a simple man. But it's fun for me.

So today I present the "Family Matters" theme, translated from English to Dutch, then back to English.

First in English:
It's a rare condition, this day and age,
to read any good news on the newspaper page.
Love and tradition of the grand design,
some people say it's even harder to find.

Well then there must be some magic clue inside these tearful walls
Cause all I see is a tower of dreams
real love burstin' out of every seam.

As days go by,
we're gonna fill our house with happiness.
The moon may cry,
we're gonna smother the blues with tenderness.

When days go by,
there's room for you,
room for me,
for gentle hearts an opportunity.

As days go by,
it's the bigger love of the family.

Now in English:
It is a rare condition, this day and time,
to read news on the newspaper page no matter which good.
The love and the tradition of the large design,
some people say it still more difficult are find.

Well then must there one or other magical indication within these tearful all wall
cause is I sees a toren of burstin of the dreams
real love is from each seam.

Since the days pass,
we let us be gonna fill our house with luck.
The maan can shout,
is we gonna suffocates the blauw with love.

When the days by to go,
for that space you,
space for me,
for gentle harten a chance.

Since the days pass,
it is the larger love of the family.

Which isn't that bad, actually. Not as amusing as I had hoped. The translators must have gotten a lot better in the last few years. At least you got to reasd the "Family Matters" theme song. Damn Urkel...

Anyway, I predict I'll feel better by noon. Maybe I'll write something real later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home