Wednesday, February 08, 2006

No I'm not tryin' to be rude, but hey readers I'm in part 2

When we last left our hero, he had rocked the gem and mineral show. The next stop on his Freakin' Weekend tour was a little Italian restaurant call Fio Rito's for a birfday celebration.

That place didn't know what it wanted to be. From the outside it looked like a meth house with a sign that reads "Fio Rito's" in front (which is common for meth houses). Oh, and before I forget: meth = death. The door to get in was hidden, much like a meth house, which caused Legal Counsel and I to do a lap around the building before getting in. During said lap we found a drive thru, making it the most convenient meth house ever.

So we entered the restaurant/drug den and it looked pretty fancy. People were dressed nice, the lights were dimmed and there were no giant singing mice. This wasn't any good for me, since I wasn't dressed up. Just my usual speedo and mesh tank top. But I steeled my nerves and sat down at the table. The menu revealed fancy-sounding, expensive dishes like "spaghetti" and "lasagna" and "salad." The price further made me feel like I was out of my element. But I realized that if I felt underdressed I should just remember that it has a drive thru. We learned this equation in my quantum physics class:
Drive thru = not fancy
*quick aside: I did a Google search while writing this. D-Rock chastised me for properly spelling "Creutzfeldt-Jakob" but not "pronunciation." That is a little weird...

The restaurant had a big book of birthday meanings and what your personality is like based on when you were born. It pretty much described the exact opposite of Montgomery. And since birthday-personality matching highly technical and scientific, I must be adopted. I'm not surprised.

The final stop of the evening was the C&C Music Factory (the actual factory aka house, not the duo of the same name). The evening's plans called for watching Flynnerson and J-Bone get tore up while playing a game called "Descent." Not the classic mid-90s computer game, but a massive board game/RPG hybrid from the makers of Runebound (which I've never actually seen or played). Sounds nerdy, you say? Yeah it probably is. But I'm really a nerd at heart...and openly. But it may not be too obvious since I'm a nerd without opportunity. I'm sure I'd play more games like this, but I've never really prowled with packs of people who do in the past.

The game was actually quite fun. It took a while to figure out the rules, which is true of any game, but it was fun once we figured it out. My ADD kicked in at one point and started playing with monster figures that come with the game. Mostly puns and a couple Brokeback Mountain jokes (one ogre said to the other ogre, "I wish I knew how to quit you"). Some people were amused, others not so much. Which is always the case with Montgomery. Eventually the male half of C&C Music Factory won. Or more precisely, handed us our asses. It was everybody against him and he still won.

All in all, it was a fun day and night. I think I'm done writing for now. The last part of the weekend was the Super Bowel, or even more importantly the Puppy Bowel. Maybe I'll write about that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home