Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Putting the BS in SBS

Sitting in Social & Behavioral Science, bored. We're learning about exercise. Just learning about it makes me sleepy. Normally I like SBS, but this subject is tedious. Our last lecturer sounded like a motivational speaker, probably because he worked in a "fat camp" (his words). I wanted to strangle him, which would count as about 10 minutes of cardio. Sweet.

At the beginning of class, Dr. Moher comes into class in a wheelchair. He's been having back problems, you see. He tries to start the class without drawing attention to himself, which is understandable. Well, this very tactful student who shall remain nameless (hey, did you know the masculine/feminine forms of 'the' in Spanish are El/la?) initiates this exchange:

Student: Before we begin, can you tell us about your wheelchair?
Moher: It's no big deal. My body is slowly disintegrating. Any more personal questions?
Class: [awkward laughter]

A little later, we were shown the following chart by the guest lecturer:

Highly inappropriate. I don't care if you do look like Edward Norton, Mr. Guest Lecturer, that is unacceptable! I mean, if you're going to use an Excel chart, at least fancy it up a bit. Jeez...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is La'el? Sounds like Krypton talk to me!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I ditto the BS in SBS......I usually LOVE SBS...but the guy today said exercise had to be repetitive movement with only the PURPOSE of exercise (ie being active at a job is not good enough). Like I am going to tell a construction worker to exercise!!! Are you kidding me?? -Peasley

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie was appauled by the Lance Armstrong graph. I sure am glad I had absolutly nothing to do with that.

With Regards,
D-Rock Rockington Worchester Smythe

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home