Monday, April 20, 2009

Let me flip for you. Ain't I something?

Disney must be building up hype for a Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy HD DVD Box Set or something because there sure have been a lot of pirate attacks in the news recently. I personally think it's a little extreme just to sell some extra tapes, but Disney likes to go all out.

Anyway, I was browsing my favorite online news source, the China Daily, when I stumbled on this article. Apparently some pirates were trying to attack a Chinese merchant ship (ironically loaded with pirated DVDs) near the Gulf of Aden (named after late 90s indie pop band Aden) when a swarm of dolphins swam between the merchants and the pirates, thus thwarting any possible pillaging and/or plundering. They even have a picture:

I'm usually the last to admit when I'm in the wrong, but this time I have to. Aquaman, I owe you an apology. I take back 30% of the awful things I've said about you. You're not a total waste of space. Apparently your powers do have a practical application every once in a while. By risking the lives of hundreds of innocent dolphins, you were able to protect some communists and for that we should thank you. I'll stop telling everybody that you should be kicked out of the Justice League and be replaced by Matter-Eater Lad...for now.

But so help me, if you don't do at least one heroic thing a year I'm going to...well...I shall taunt you a second time! And I still think Michael Phelps can swim faster than you - provided there's a bag of Funyuns in front of him.

In related news: Navy SEALs kick ass.

In other news: I'm still on the fence about Harbor SEALs. Sure they're cute, but...

Okay, they kick ass too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home