Monday, April 06, 2009

Wicked, tricksy, false!

I'm in the middle of my last rotation as a medical student, and it's a rotation with a lot of down-time. For Montgomery, down-time means two things: scheming and eating. And being at the county hospital where food is free for students, I'm doing more of the latter than the former.

I eat to kill time when the library is locked in the morning. I eat to kill time before rounds. I eat when I get sick of studying in the library. I'm doing so much eating that I do believe I'm turning into a hobbit. From Wikipedia:
[Hobbits] enjoy at least seven meals a day, when they can get them – breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, and (later in the evening) supper.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Let's check.
  • Breakfast: eggs, taters*, bacon, juice
  • Second breakfast: donut, milk
  • Elevenses: cookie, milk
  • Luncheon: entree o' the day, soda
  • Afternoon tea: apple, bottled water
  • Dinner: something at home
  • Supper: popcorn/random food in the kitchen/a fish so juicy sweet
Yep, I'm definitely eating enough to qualify as a hobbit. But I'm okay with that...hobbits are probably my favorite fictional humanoid. That's right, kobolds, you're in second place. Maybe you should step it up during next year's tournament.

Update
I found another item that looks like two cocci and a bacillus:
It's a spoon rest discovered at a lawyer party I attended this past weekend. And the best part is, if you turn it upside down it looks like my first apartment.


* boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

1 Comments:

Blogger Ah Jota said...

Hmmm. All these cocci references make me think you matched in Urology too and never told anyone. You sir are tricky!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home