Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On Doctoring

It's just 2 short days until I officially become a doctor. Pretty exciting, but also a little scary. Sure I feel that school has prepared me to be a physician, but it's still a lot of responsibility. I've got people's health and lives in my hands, and who knows what kind of situations I might encounter.

So I did what I always do when I'm approaching a major life change: I consulted my life coach. Well, my two life coaches actually. Their names are Flathead and Roundhead, ages 10 and 8 respectively. They're my cousins.

I asked them - "Boys, what will it be like as a doctor? What can I expect?" They decided to answer my questions in the form of a drawing, which is good because I don't do well with words. Here it is:

It was drawn on an Olive Garden™ menu, which is my medium of choice for most art. It is their interpretation of life as a doctor. Let me break it down for you, as it was explained to me.
  • "Doctor Sword" in right hand
  • Dynamite in left hand
  • Eye patch
  • Spiky green hair
  • Surrounded by flames
  • Flying monkey minion (upper right corner)

Needless to say, this drawing has put my mind at ease. Being a doctor is going to be friggin' awesome! Weaponry? Explosives? Avian simian servants? Sign me up! I thought I had to give up those dreams when I chose medical school over the graduate program in Mad Science at Case Western, but the two are surprisingly similar. Looks like I need to get to work hollowing out a mountain for my lair.

Now, does anybody know if they give us the Doctor Sword at graduation, or do I have to order my own?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ah Jota said...

Doctor S-words can be found next to the tassels in the bookstore. They have a BOGO special right now so you can double-fist 'em at graduation. We can have a sword fight after the ceremony...wait. That last sentence doesn't sound right.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Busted Kate said...

Congrats Colan! Being a doctor does sure sound awesome, but I am concerned about these flames. Are you flame-retardant as a doctor?

9:56 AM  
Blogger Busted Kate said...

Hehehehe.... I said retardant.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home