Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I have a heart on for VD

Happy Valentine's Day, readers!

I know, I know - Valentine's Day is just a holiday created by corporations to make people spend money, either for romance or in an attempt to mask the crushing loneliness. But so is Arbor Day and I don't hear anybody complaining. Besides, VD is an excuse to go out and have fun, and I'm always looking for those.

For some real Valentine's fun, go check out Brandon Bird's selection of SVU Valentines. Hilarious. My favorites are I "Huang" to be with you and Guilty! Of being my valentine. The one that made me feel dirty? You're extra special. Horrible. Horribly funny.

Let me just take a moment to express my admiration for Brandon Bird's art. He might look familiar if you read McSweeney's. He's done work for them; of particular note, their awesome Abe-Kido shirt. And maybe the equally awesome giant squid shirt - I'm not sure if that's him. Anyway, he's a good artist with an appreciation for pop culture. Rock, rock on. Where else can you get paintings of Bea Arthur battling raptors, Mr. T walking the Elysian fields, Christopher Walken building a robot or a whale being attacked by a squid and a T-Rex.

I'm getting off topic. It's Valentine's Day. Hooray! Hearts, candy, flowers, candy hearts, candy flowers, candy candy. What're the odds I'll be able to find a dinner reservation tonight?

I made a little paper mailbox and affixed it to my chair, but it's empty so far. No med school valentines. But I don't need any! My valentine is in law school. (it's Legal Counsel, if you didn't know).

I've been accused of fawning over Legal Counsel in my blog, and that's probably true. But if I can't do it today, when can I do it? If you have a weak stomach, just skip the next stomach...err, paragraph.

She's amazing, I have to say that. Beautiful and brilliant and funny and sweet...everything I could ever want. She makes me happier than I've ever been. I had no idea what I was missing until I met her. I'm glad that Goolia hijacked us into going a blind date. Thanks, Goolia! Since then, every day has been better than the last. I love you, Legal Counsel!

Okay, that's out of my system. Now I can go back to paying attention in class. We're learning how to make a hormone. Giggle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home